Song: I love to see the Temple (Children's Songbook #95) (Download the song here or see and hear the music here)
Scripture: Article of Faith 1:13
Write or type the Gospel Standards onto separate sheets of paper:
- I will remember my baptismal covenants and listen to the Holy Ghost.
- I will be honest with Heavenly Father, others, and myself.
- I will seek good friends and treat others kindly.
- I will dress modestly to show respect for Heavenly Father and myself.
- I will only read and watch things that are pleasing to Heavenly Father.
- I will only listen to music that is pleasing to Heavenly Father.
- I will use the names of Heavenly Father and Jesus reverently. I will not swear or use crude words.
- I will keep my mind and body sacred and pure, and I will not partake of things that are harmful to me.
- I will do those things on the Sabbath that will help me feel close to Heavenly Father.
- I will choose the right. I know I can repent when I make a mistake.
- I will live now to be worthy to go to the temple and do my part to have an eternal family.
- I will follow Heavenly Father’s plan for me.
- I am a child of God
- I know Heavenly Father loves me, and I love him.
- I can pray to Heavenly Father anytime, anywhere.
- I am trying to remember and follow Jesus
To help children visualize and understand the Gospel Standards, find pictures that go along with each Standard. This will be especially helpful for younger children. I was going to do up my own to share with you, but then I came across this one here (from Sugardoodle.net) that has the standards typed up and pictures to go with them. As I've said before, why reinvent the wheel?
You could also find objects to represent each standard and discuss which standard the objects relate to and why that specific standard is important.
If your children are older, instead of using the Gospel Standards, you could use the standards defined in the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet. That link will take you to PDFs of the entire pamphlet.