What you'll need:
- Pizza Dough (I HIGHLY reccommend this Breadstick dough from Our Best Bites)
- Garlic Bread Seasoning (also from Our Best Bites)
- 1/2 c butter or margarine
- Alfredo Sauce, approx 1/8 - 1/4 cup
- Bacon Pieces (depending on how much you like - I LOVE bacon)
- About 1 cup cubed/diced/shredded Chicken (cooked and seasoned to your preference) (I'm using canned chicken this time)
- 5-6oz of shredded Mozarella Cheese
- Corn Meal or Corn Grits (if using a pizza stone - optional)
- Any additional toppings - tomatoes, onions, etc
- After the dough has risen, spread the butter mixture onto the dough, covering completely.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and slide that puppy into the oven. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes (or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and coat the crust again with the garlic butter mixture. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
We like to dip this in either Alfredo sauce or the remainder of the garlic butter mixture. That might sound weird, but it's no different than dipping in in the garlic butter from Papa Johns. The homemade mixture is just better (trust me, I've tried them both).
Doesn't this just look heavenly!?
The garlic butter is really what makes this pizza sooo good. The first time I made this pizza, I didn't use the garlic butter and the pizza was okay. The next time I made it, I got the crazy idea to spread the garlic butter on first and Oh.M.Gee!!! Adding the garlic butter took this pizza to a whole new level. Yum!